Torrid, a prominent plus-size clothing boutique, began as a division of Hot Topic, a retailer specializing in “counterculture” clothing and accessories. The Torrid Insider credit card gives you more options when it comes to shopping.
With this card, you can earn reward points that you may use to make purchases. Torrid began by imitating Hot Topic’s alternative styles, but in 2015 it broke away from the edgier retailer and became its own LLC.
With over 400 stores across the United States, the new Torrid provides a wide choice of more popular clothing styles for women and girls in sizes 10 to 30.
Torrid, like many other well-known stores, offers a closed-loop consumer credit card for consumers looking to save money on branded purchases.
The Torrid Insider Credit Card, however, is a little short on benefits compared to most other retail credit cards, usable just for the rare coupon or special promotion.
Table of Content
- Eligible Criteria for Torrid Credit Card
- How to apply for a Torrid Credit Card?
- Method to Reset your Credit Card Logins
- How to pay Torrid Credit Card
- Benefits of Torrid Credit Card
Eligible Criteria for Torrid Credit Card
The following criteria must be met by a potential Torrid cardholder:
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required.
- It is necessary to provide your Social Security Number.
- You must be a resident of the United States and have a mailing address.
How to apply for a Torrid Credit Card?
In order to apply for a torrid credit card account, first, visit the webpage to get online portal access. Register your torrid account to efficiently manage it.
Below are the steps to make a Torrid account:
Go to the website where you can apply for a credit card. The first screen simply summarises the card’s features and application requirements. To begin, click the black “Apply” button.
Fill in your first name, middle initial, last name, and preferred suffix in the personal information area. Give your Social Security number and birthdate.
List all of your yearly earnings in the annual income box. Alimony, child support, and maintenance income, on the other hand, are not required to be disclosed unless you want them to be used as a foundation for your application acceptance.
Enter your address, having in mind that Postal Addresses will not be allowed. Include a home phone number as well as a work phone number, if applicable. Fill in your email address and confirm it.
If needed, add an authorized buyer.
To see the card’s terms and conditions, click the black “Continue” button. Before submitting your application for processing, read the document carefully and print or keep a copy for your records.
Method to Reset your Credit Card Logins
If you forgot your username and password, then don’t worry because there is an option to reset your logins.
Let’s check the options:
- Click on the sign-in button it will open up a form.
- Then click on forgot logins.
- Now on that particular page enter your torrid credit card account number or username.
- Enter your city postal or zip code and the last 4-digit social insurance number (SIN).
- Now enter the full number in case of selection of alternate identification number (AIN).
- Click on “find my account” to reset your logins.
How to pay Torrid credit card
If you have an online torrid account then you have the eligibility to pay torrid credit card by following three methods.
Pay your Credit Card Via Phone
Contact the Torrid credit card telephone service at 800-853-2921 to make a payment over the phone. To finish the transaction, you’ll need your Torrid credit card number, as well as your bank account and bank routing data.
Through your Bank
The majority of banks provide an online bill payment option. This is a function that allows you to set up a recurring payment to a vendor through your bank. You’d like the money to go to Torrid in this scenario. You don’t have to worry about the money because the bank transfers it directly to the vendor you choose on the day you set it. Because Torrid does not have an autopay facility, the next best thing is to set up a payment with your bank.
Pay via Mail
You can send a cheque to the following address:
- P.O. Box 659584 San Antonio, TX 78265-9584 Comenity Bank
- If you have one, include it with your payment coupon from your credit card statement. If you don’t, make a note of your Torrid account number in the memo line of your check to ensure proper processing.
Benefits of Torrid Credit Card
- Welcome Bonus: Torrid will give you a $20 bonus just for signing up for a store credit card.Drawbacks of Torrid Credit Card.
- Credit in a Fair Manner: Comenity Bank offers a credit card, which requires only fair credit to be approved. If you don’t have enough credit history or are in the midst of rebuilding your credit, this is the credit card for you.
- First Purchase Discount: You’ll also get a 25% discount on your first purchase in addition to your welcome bonus. This means that if you buy $100 worth of merchandise, you’ll just have to pay $75. Consider combining those savings with your $20 welcome bonus. You’d simply have to spend $55 instead of $100.
- Rewards: You can accrue these points, and once you reach 200, you’ll be eligible for a $10 prize.
- Inactivity Fee: With the Torrid credit card, there are no inactivity penalties. After all, not everybody shops on a regular basis. You will not be paid any charges for not using this credit card, but if you haven’t used it in two years, the firm may shut your account.
Drawbacks of Torrid Credit Card
The Torrid Insider Credit Card has an interest rate of 26.49 percent. Carrying a balance on a credit card for an extended period of time fully eliminates the savings benefits. Aside from the high-interest rate, credit card has a lot of fees. A late payment, for example, might cost up to $38, while a returned payment can cost up to $25.
The credit card doesn’t really make sense for women who could commit late payments or carry a balance because of the hefty interest and penalties. To get the most out of the Torrid Insider card, you must use it responsibly (which includes paying the whole balance each month).
This card is also a retail card that can only be used in Torrid. It can’t be used anywhere else because it’s not founder with a major card system like Visa or MasterCard.
In the end, unless you can make the most of the savings offered by the card, go for a better, open-loop rewards card. The Torrid Insider program is a good deal if you’re a frequent Torrid shopper, however, the Torrid Insider Credit Card would only expense you a hard investigation on your credit file and add clutter to your wallet.
Torrid gives significant discounts to all of its customers. All of this is made possible through the Torrid Rewards program, which is the backbone of the Torrid credit card.
You can take advantage of the program’s benefits even if you don’t have a card. You can enjoy a variety of retail discounts as long as you have a free Torrid Rewards account.
Some of the discounts include 50% off clearance items, 30% off regular-priced items, 25% off certain styles, buy-one-get-one-half-price bargains, and more.
Frequently Ask Questions(FAQs)
Is Torrid Right for you?
The Torrid Insider Credit Card is essentially a discount card – albeit a bad one. You won’t be able to take advantage of the two 30 percent discount days unless you limit your clothes buying to two significant purchases each year, and that’s the card’s only true benefit after you’ve used up the signup bonus one and discount.
What are the current Torrid credit card APRs?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average everyday APR for all credit cards is 15%, while accounts with a balance are 17%. Regular APRs on this card is higher than typical. The variable purchase APR on the Torrid Insider Credit Card starts at 27.24 percent.
Is your account activity reported to credit bureaus by Torrid Insider Credit Card?
Yes, your account activity is reported to the following credit reporting agencies by Torrid Insider Credit Card:
Making on-time payments to a creditor who files to one or more credit bureaus demonstrates financial liability and may help you improve your credit.
Is there an introductory APR on balance transfers with the Torrid credit card?
No, there is no introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Can I use my Torrid credit card anywhere?
The credit card is not transferable to another person.
Is it possible to use a Torrid credit card at Hot Topic?
The Torrid credit card is not accepted at Hot Topic.
Who is the issuer of the Torrid Credit Card?
The Torrid credit card is issued by Comenity.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!